Keeping you safe in a post COVID-19 world
As we all prepare to come back to some semblance of normalcy, we at Keith + Associates Dentistry, wanted to take a few moments to outline what we do to keep you, our patients safe. Some of these items are precautions we have always taken; some are new to keep you safe in a post COVID-19 world. Regardless, the safety of both you and our team are of the utmost priority. Should you have any questions or concerns during your visit you are all welcome to contact me directly at the email address below.
We have always taken infection control extremely seriously. We abide by the American Dental Association (ADA), Kansas Dental Board and Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) recommendations to use Standard Precautions.
- Sterilizing instruments
- Using Cavicide to wipe all services each room between each patient
- Wearing gloves, masks and glasses while treating patients
- Regular hand washing in-between patients
- High Speed Evacuation used in doctors rooms
- Nightly cleaning of our entire office
- Comprehensive health history being updated regularly
Some new precautions we have implemented which you may see when you are in the office include:
- Pre-appointment screening questions to avoid sick patients entering the office when not necessary
- Screening temperature taken at front desk prior to entering reception area
- Screen of team members when they arrive each day
- DryShield high speed suction used in hygiene rooms to remove aerosols
- Additional cleaning done regularly in the non-treatment areas (we already did this in treatment rooms between patients)
- Contact-less check-in/check-out
COVID-19 is a very real concern and one which we do not take lightly. With that said, there are numerous other diseases which we are also protecting you from and have for years. These include HIV, Hepatitis A, B and C, tuberculosis, influenza, norovirus, and numerous others. The precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 are not significantly different than those mentioned above. Standard Precautions are in place to prevent the spread of any disease from patient to patient, patient to healthcare provider, or healthcare provider to patient. With that said, we have taken this opportunity to review our policies and improve them where we can. We feel implementing these additional measure will take an extra step to keep both our patients and team safe from all pathogens, even long after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.
Current guidelines allow us to only see emergent appointments. Our regulators have defined this as something which could become a life threatening problem in the next few weeks. If this is you please give us a call we have a team answering the phones as well as our emergency line.
As of now we are planning to return in early May to see urgent cases. This would include anything causing pain, lost crowns, broken teeth, gum infections, etc. We currently do not have a timeline to return to normal elective treatment such as implant placement, but expect it to return sometime over the summer. We are also working with the ADA and KDHE to determine when we can begin routine cleanings. As you are all aware, they are extremely important for your oral health as well as your overall health.
Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know. Our family is here for yours!
Contact Dr. Bill
Comments are closed.