Denture Care − Mission KS
Advice and tips for proper Denture Care to maximize effectiveness and longevity. Keith + Associates Dentistry Phone Number 913-384-0044
How should I take care of my denture?
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your denture or partial.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
See All Treatments and Procedures
For more information about Denture Care or to schedule a consultation with Drs. Keith, Bill, Brooke, Zach, Jonathan, Ward (Periodontist) or Patel, call our office in Mission, KS at Keith + Associates Dentistry Phone Number 913-384-0044 or use our contact form.